Saturday, October 13, 2007

10/13/07 Glove Run 5K


Six days post Bellingham Marathon. Yellow Marathon Maniac club singlet arrived on Wednesday. So what if it is a 5K, I need to wear it at this race. I always enjoy the glove run. Gloves, loaves of bread and hot cereal. My 6th Glove Run. Usual Steilacoom crowd, nice October weather. Faster runners mostly do the 10K but this is a traditional 5K race for me. Cool and foggy.

Mile 1 - I have started conservatively. Had a good pre-race warm up and the first mile has gone smoothly.

Mile 2 - This sure is shorter than a marathon!! How could this be almost over. Pace is good. I've had a few comments about the shirt, one race volunteer said that I should be able to handle this distance. No duh.

Mile 3.1 - Good stong kick at the end. 6:57 pace overall. Any time I can go sub 7 for a 5K that is good. I end up with a "first in age group" ribbon and am psyched that I could run that fast so soon after B'ham.

21:33
9th of 56 runners
****

No comments: