Saturday, July 14, 2007

7/14/07 Mcleary Bear Run 10K

Finally, a race on my birthday. Billy, Tammy and Jody there to run and make it special. Tammy made me a personalized number bib that announced it was my big day. Nice small crowd. Looking forward to a fast time. Warm though.



Start - Had to walk a ways from the registration/finish area. Had a good warm up with Bill. Ready to head off fast.



Mile 1 - Downhill start, right turn then flat. Couple of runners in front of me, but not too many. I like these races with long sights ahead at the start so I can still see the front runner.



Mile 3 - Warming up, getting hot. Nice flat course.



Mile 5 - Sure could use some shade, and there is a little. Round the next turn and I am back where I had turned around at my warm up. Not much farther to go and I am on PR pace.



Mile 6.2 - Surge to the finish and click my watch. 44:17. Tied my PR. Tied!! Does that count as a PR or not. Its my birthday so I'll call it a PR. Brunch at the local hole in the wall and Billy and Tammy have presents for me. Nice bright yellow racing singlet. I will wear that tomorrow at the bridge run, my first back to back days racing.

44:17
7th place of about 40
****

No comments: