Saturday, August 26, 2006

8/26/06 Rainier Round Up 10K

Really small turn out for this which ended up being the last Rainier Round up do to low numbers and the poor time of year for the busy Thurston County Parks and Recreation. Billy and Jody were doing a long run somewhere nearby on the trail, but I could not resist another race. Flat and fast on the Yelm-Tenino trail. Warm temps though.

Start - Always more relaxed doing a race I have dome before. I wonder how many are doing the 5K. Either way it is a small group.

Mile 1- Couple of people ahead of me.

Mile 1.5 - Looks like all but one has turned around.

Mile 3.1 - Yes, I am in second place. Too bad that guy in first is just a little to far out of my reach...actually a spec in the distance. Nobody close on my heels either.

Mile 5 - Getting hard to maintain pace and it is getting warm. This has been a record month for me in terms of total mileage and my legs feel tired. Not a ton of motivation either as I seem to be locked into second place.

Mile 6.2 - Second overall is very cool. I just won't tell anyone how many people participated. First in age group ribbon and at the raffle I won a pair of socks.

46:41
2nd overall of 13
race#99
****

No comments: