Saturday, August 27, 2005

8/27/05 Rainier Roundup 5K

Back to the sleepy early morning town of Rainier for my second Roundup 5K. Flat and fast on the out and back Yelm-Tenino paved trail. Jared with me to run the one mile race (8:20). Cool and nice weather.
Start - very small race. I do like these low key Thurston County offerings.
Turn around - Working hard but feeling good. My times are getting better with more consitent running and monthly mileage. Endurance is there.
Mile 2 - One of the best feelings in racing is when you can reel someone in, pass them and then focus on the next one to pass. I am doing just that. Must have paced myself well.
Mile 2.8 - I have been tracking two women in front of me for a long way and am finally able to catch them. Successful racing today.
Mile 3.1 - Nice strong finish. Very pleased with race. What could top that? How about winning a South Sound Running cap at the raffle? Great day.
22:00 CR
5th of 27
****

No comments: