Saturday, September 13, 2003

9/13/03 Run for Pasta 10K

Not very often you get an evening race. Since I am going by myself and do not know any runners in town I will not stay for the post race pasta dinner. Wait, I thought you are supposed to carbo load before the race. Still seems like a fun idea though.
Start - At the Farmers Market in Olympia. We will run along the water, then up and through Priest Point park. It is a little warm this evening.
Mile 2.5 - Legs do not feel very fresh, hard to get moving.
Mile 3 - My first ever trail race. I like how they marked the trip hazard roots with white paint or flower. I wish there was a water station.
Mile 4 - First and only water stop. Not having the best time out here.
Mile 6.2 - Glad to be done. Disappointed to be slower than last week. I see a guy with a Bank to Bay T-shirt and he tells me that ran today faster. Guess my legs just were not in it tonight. I stay for the awards on the slight chance that I could get an age group ribbon. Most everyone else is in line or eating dinner. No ribbon for me, so I head home.
51:15
44th of 105
**

No comments: